The forerunner of Utica High School, the Utica Union School, opened in 1860. It was renamed Utica High School in 1900. The current Eppler Jr. High School served as Utica High School from 1929-1955, when the present building was construction.
Utica High School is the district's original high school. It served as the sole high school until Henry Ford II and Eisenhower High Schools opened in the '70s.